Albert Bichot: a family Maison founded in 1831
The Bichot family has been established in Burgundy since 1350. In 1831, Bernard Bichot founded his own wine company in Monthélie, a few kilometres south of Beaune. At the end of the 19th century, his grandson Albert Bichot gave the company fresh impetus and established it in Beaune.f 19th century, his grandson Albert Bichot gave the company fresh impetus and established it in Beaune. This family heritage would be perpetuated from father to son to the current day
Albert Bichot: 6 outstanding Domaines with over 100 hectares of vines in Burgundy
Albéric Bichot, who has run the wine company since 1996, is the 6th generation of the family to do so. Looking for the finest grapes with which to craft the finest wines, the Albert Bichot company has gradually bought vineyards in the most sought-after locations in Burgundy. Today, Albert Bichot owns six exceptional domaines with the finest Burgundy terroirs, in Chablis, Côte de Nuits, Côte de Beaune, Côte Chalonnaise and the Beaujolais:.
- Château Long-Depaquit à Chablis. • Its 65 hectares are spread over 5 premiers crus and 5 grands crus, including the mythical Chablis Grand Cru La Moutonne, a monopoly of the estate
- Domaine du Clos Frantin à Nuits-Saint-Georges. •With 7.3 hectares in appellations as famous as Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Malconsorts, Chambertin Grand Cru and Grands Echezeaux Grand Cru
- Château-Gris •overlooks 3.5 hectares of vineyards, including the “Les Terrasses” rare white wine from Nuits-Saint-Georges, a monopoly of the estate
- Domaine du Pavillon Corton Grand Cru Clos des Maréchaudes and Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Mouches are some of the flagship wines from this top-notch 15-hectare estate in the Côte de Beaune
- Domaine Adélie in Mercurey (7,8 ha)
- Domaine de Rochegrès in Beaujolais (5 ha)
Recognised and outstanding savoir-faire, a strong and enduring commitment
Iconic appellations and renowned monopolies have contributed to Albert Bichot’s standing within the wine world. Albert Bichot has been voted the world’s best winemaker for its red wines as well as its white wines by the International Wine Challenge on 3 occasions over the last 10 years.
Long committed to sustainable growing, our vineyards in the Côte d’Or are certified as organically grown.
The art of Ageing Hospices de Beaune wines
MyPrimeurs: 7 rare wines from Albert Bichot exclusively sold online en primeur
Since a few years, Albert Bichot sells a selection of wines with the same en primeur (as futures) principle as the Hospices wines. They come from tiny plots in the best Burgundy terroirs, vinified by our team with the same care as all Albert Bichot wines.
I register to buy at the Hospices auction, from just 1 bottle