Vintage 2023 at Hospices de Nuits estate by winemaker Jean-Marc MORON: high quality and typically Burgundian thanks to strict yield management.
The year 2023 is initially a contrasting year from a climatic perspective. After a virtually absent winter, spring struggles to establish itself. It is only in the second half of May that warm and dry weather sets in, allowing vegetation to finally grow
rapidly. We already observe significant harvest potential, and before flowering, we carry out severe bud removal to manage future yields from the start.
Flowering takes place uniformly across the estate, and the warm and sunny month of June promotes rapid grape growth. By the end of June, the grape cluster closure stage is reached, but July proves to be more stormy, with alternating warm and cooler weather, delaying the onset of veraison. This is the period of the first green harvest, where we thin out overloaded vines. A second pass will be carried out starting from August 10. Veraison only truly sets in on Pinot Noir in mid-August, as a peak of very high temperatures settles on the Côte for about ten days. Maturity accelerates, and the cooler end of the month provides the vine with a comfortable maturation finish.
However, a new heatwave in early September causes some vineyards to suffer towards the end. The storm on September 12 brings more favorable weather, and the harvest begins on the 13th in good conditions. Sorting the harvest in the vineyard and in the cellar helps eliminate sun-wilted grapes. The harvest is still significant, with only 5 to 7% less than in 2022.
Vinifications are conventional and go without issues, a bit shorter than usual because alcoholic fermentation starts faster than the previous year. Extractions are rapid from the early days, and the wines reveal themselves with balances full of freshness
and elegance. These wines are very Burgundian in style, where the terroirs express themselves fully.
How to buy at the Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges auction with Albert Bichot ? From 1 bottle to 1 barrel, we’re at your side for a memorable experience
Buy at the Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges auction
from just 1 bottle
Buy a full barrel (288 bottles) or a fraction
at Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges auction
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
16 OUTSTANDING WINES
Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges 2023 wine auction: the detail of all 150 barrels and 16 wines for sale
Voici le détail des 150 pièces (fûts) qui seront en vente le 10 mars 2024 dans le cellier du Clos de Vougeot comme le veut la tradition :
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES MURGERS Cuvée Guyard de Changey : 3 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES CORVEES PAGETS Cuvée St Laurent : 6 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges LES MALADIERES LES BRULEES Cuvée Grangier : 24 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES PORETS ST GEORGES Cuvée Antide Midan : 3 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES BOUDOTS Cuvée Mesny de Boisseaux : 3 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES DIDIERS Cuvée Fagon : 16 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES VIGNERONDES Cuvée Bernarde Delesclache : 16 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES SAINT GEORGES Cuvée Georges Faiveley : 5 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES RUES DE CHAUX Cuvée Camille Rodier : 5 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges LES LAVIÈRES LES BAS DE COMBE Cuvée Guillaume Labye : 4 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES SAINT GEORGES Cuvée Huges Perdrizet : 1 barrels
- Gevrey Chambertin LES CHAMPS CHENYS Cuvée Irène Noblet : 10 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES TERRES BLANCHES Cuvée Pierre de Pême : 3 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES DIDIERS Cuvée Cabet : 10 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges LES SAINT JULIEN – LES PLATEAUX Cuvée Claude Poyen : 5 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES SAINT GEORGES Cuvée des Sires de Vergy : 6 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES DIDIERS Cuvée Jacques Duret : 15 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges LES FLEURIERES – LES PLANTES AU BARON Cuvée des Sœurs Hospitalières : 9 barrels
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru LES TERRES BLANCHES Cuvée St Bernard de Citeaux : 6 barrels
Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges 2023 charity barrel: a unique wine sold to the benefit of Fondation Clément-Devron, supporting medical research in Burgundy
Founded in 1913, the Clément-Drevon Foundation’s mission today is to support medical research in the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region, with the aim of improving access, quality, relevance and safety of care.
The foundation also aims to help young medical researchers, by contributing to the financing of their mobility in order to learn new techniques for the benefit of local users. It also contributes to patient assistance by building up health databases, and to research into person-centred care, including health education and prevention.
The Clément-Drevon Foundation will use the proceeds from the charity auction held at the 63rd Hospices de Nuits-Saint-Georges wine sale to consolidate its support for medical research, training young medical researchers, fostering their loyalty to the region, and disseminating the culture of evaluation and healthcare research for the benefit of the urban and rural populations of Côte d’Or and Burgundy. The Foundation has just completed the first call for projects for the mobility of young researchers, and has given a favourable opinion on the 5 applications received and validated by Dijon University Hospital and the University of Burgundy.