This Cuvée is composed from the following plot: Le Charlemagne
Total area : 0,48 ha
Story of the cuvée
The name of Salins is naturally associated with Guigone, the cofounder of the Hospices de Beaune. She had many generous benefactor descendants, of whom François de Salins was one. He was Priest and Canon of the Collegiate church of Notre Dame de Beaune, and in 1745 left his Domaine of vines in Savigny and Aloxe to the Hôtel-Dieu.
Terroirs & description
These vines face south and southwest. They are situated in the historic lieu-dit Le Charlemagne, running uphill from the narrow road which links Pernand with Aloxe- Corton. 58% of the vines date from a planting in 1944, with 27% from 1981, the balance from 1998.